Our company secretarial team provides cost-effective and high-quality company secretarial services to UK-registered companies, ranging from startups to international groups of companies.
We currently administer in excess of 700 companies for both UK and international clients. Our team’s international profile benefits our clients thanks to its in-depth understanding of the needs associated with establishing a business abroad and its fluency in English, French, Cantonese and Mandarin.
The efficient, effective and collaborative nature of our CoSec team is designed to give you the clarity and comfort you require on your company secretarial matters. Our CoSec team structure is simple, and you’ll always have easy access to those individuals best placed to respond. There’ll also be clear lines of accountability, ensuring a robust supervision process is always in place.
Our company secretarial services are tailored to assist businesses in the setting up and administration of their companies, covering all aspects of administration in a professional and approachable way. From LLP registration and UK establishment of overseas companies, the dissolution and restoration of companies to an audit of company records before and after companies’ acquisitions, we ensure that your company can run seamlessly with the administrative side of affairs in our hands.
We provide a cost effective and professional service and charge a fixed annual fee which includes provision of a registered office address (if required), maintenance of the statutory registers and minute books, board minutes for yearly approval and signature of accounts as well as notices and minutes of general meetings and filing of annual confirmation statements with the Registrar of Companies.
We’ll always be happy to arrange a call to discuss your requirements in detail to ensure we all clearly understand your needs and can tailor our CoSec services accordingly.
We want to develop long-term partnerships with our clients in order to understand and anticipate your needs and put our knowledge at your disposal.
Our company secretarial services
Our services are tailored to assist businesses in the setting up and administration of their companies. Services we provide include:
- incorporation of public or private limited companies;
- LLP registration and UK establishment of overseas companies;
- change of company names;
- share capital restructuring: allotment, transfer, conversion, subdivision and consolidation (with the support of our Corporate team);
- maintenance of statutory registers and minute books;
- preparation of notices and minutes of board and general meetings;
- preparation and filing of forms and resolutions with the Registrar of Companies, including annual confirmation statements;
- support with the adoption of standard or model articles of association;
- dissolution of companies and restoration of companies to the Company register;
- provision of a registered office address and mail forwarding;
- assistance in identifying Persons with Significant Control (“PSCs”) / Relevant Legal Entities (“RLEs”) and setting up the PSC register;
- audit of company records before and after companies’ acquisitions;
- reconstitution of statutory registers from paper based or from Companies House filing history into our company secretarial software;
- storage of documents (whether soft or hard copies) on a secure virtual data room for clients’ easy access.
Where we have custody of the statutory registers of a company, we maintain those registers in electronic format using a software designed by the Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (CGIUKI) (previously known as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, ICSA).
Maintaining the registers in electronic format enables us to email registers to directors and auditors upon their request. The software that we’re using also advises us in advance of the key dates in the life of the company (e.g. dates of general meetings and filing dates of annual confirmation statements and accounts). This means we can ensure legal compliance of UK companies on behalf of our clients.
Frequently asked questions
A company secretary ensures the board receives necessary information and follows proper procedures. They maintain legal compliance and serve as the main point of contact for shareholders.
Company secretarial services include corporate governance, legal compliance, and administrative duties. They are designed to ensure a company's alignment with regulatory requirements and to facilitate smooth operations.