Welcome to November 2022’s edition of The Word; a monthly digest of news, views and cases relevant to underwriters and policy wordings professionals, brought to you by Browne Jacobson’s specialist policy drafting and distribution team.
As ever, this month includes some interesting developments from around the world, including a decision on the age-old question of what are ‘professional services’, a case on when a cause of
action accrues under an insurance contract and some interesting developments on communicating numbers with clarity, together with much more.
I hope you enjoy reading this month’s edition.
- An update on articles in previous editions of the Word
- ‘You get what you pay for’ – the meaning of ‘professional services’ in D&C policies
- ‘Final judgment’ or ‘final adjudication’ - what’s the difference?
- Atlanta adopts Plain Numbers to improve policy readability
- Duty to defend - when is it triggered?
- Date of incident or date of coverage decision – when does the cause of action commence?
+44 (0)115 976 6557