Browne Jacobson’s private equity team is celebrating after being named as ‘Regional Legal Adviser of the Year’ at last night’s 2023 European Private Equity Awards.
The prestigious awards, which are now in their 22nd year, are highly regarded by the corporate finance and banking sectors and recognise the best private equity advisers throughout Europe.
The PE team sits across the firm’s UK & Ireland’s corporate finance practice (ranked by Experian as one of the country’s leading) and is part of the FSI sector. In the last year, the corporate finance team have advised on 130 flagship UK and international transactions that have a combined value, in excess of £3billion. These deals cut across various sector specialisms for the firm, including tech, energy & infrastructure, retail & consumer, construction & real estate, health.
Some of the highlight deals for the PE team include advising:
- leading mid-market PE investment firm, Palatine on its exit from CTS Group, the fast-growing specialist in testing, inspection and geoengineering consulting services to the construction and infrastructure sectors
- management of one of the UK’s leading fertility and IVF clinics, CARE Fertility (CARE) on the buyout by Nordic Capital from Silverfleet Capital and separately advised CARE on its acquisition of Genesis Health Care LLP (trading as Leeds Fertility)
- Rcapital Partners LLP on its majority stake acquisition of managing general agents (MGAs), UK General Insurance Ltd (UKG) and Precision Partnership Limited (PPL) from insurance specialists, Primary group
- LDC on its buyout of Stonbury - the leading UK water and environmental sustainability specialist
- Laka Ltd in respect of the equity investment in Laka Ltd by Porsche Ventures.
- the partners of leading accountancy firm Cooper Parry on the buyout of the firm by Dutch based PE firm, Waterland Private Equity.
Gareth Davies, private equity team partner at Browne Jacobson commented: “I am delighted that we have again been recognised at these key industry awards which puts a spotlight on the best private equity advisers throughout Europe.
“Over the last 12 months, we have continued to reinforce our strong reputation in the PE market through the delivery of strategic, commercial advice to our diverse client base that has supported them to push on with their ambitious growth plans whether that be geographically or in terms of market share. We have also continued to showcase our strength in depth and versatility, through our work on a great mix of deals across the manufacturing, health, retail, education, construction, and tech sectors amongst others.”
In 2021, the UK & Ireland law firm won the regional legal adviser of the year accolade at the Private Equity awards.
+44 (0)121 237 3926
You may be interested in...
Browne Jacobson advise Cubo on investment to support expansion
Browne Jacobson advises privacy-first ad tech company Covatic on Series A investment led by Manchester based Praetura Ventures
Browne Jacobson named top legal advisers in European Private Equity industry awards 2023
Browne Jacobson advise on strategic sale of cybersecurity firm Nowcomm
NSIA: the thorn in the side of M&A?
Browne Jacobson advise on disposal of Sella Controls to HIMA Group
Browne Jacobson dealmakers announce completion of over 130 deals worth billions in value in 2022 and eye up healthy pipeline for 2023
Banking Transaction Updates - January 2023
Browne Jacobson advises Superscript on £45m Series B funding round to transform its SME insurtech offering
Manchester dealmakers advise Maven Capital Partners on £1m investment in fintech disruptor Nivo Solutions
Browne Jacobson advises LDC on investment in water and environmental sustainability specialist Stonbury
Long live king coal?
Press Release - #BeingBrowneJacobson
From associate to partner in an investment lifecycle - Ryan's story
Floating offshore wind pipeline potential
Browne Jacobson advises on LDC’s MBO of MSQ Partners
Browne Jacobson’s private equity team has advised NVM Private Equity (NVM) and the management of international marketing and communications group MSQ Partners on LDC’s investment into the company.