Recruitment in schools and academies during COVID-19
The current emergency means that we need to do things differently and this includes how we recruit new staff to our schools and academies.
Please note: the information contained in this legal update is correct as of the original date of publication
The current emergency means that we need to do things differently and this includes how we recruit new staff to our schools and academies. April and May are one of the busiest times for school recruitment and we need to continue if we are to fill essential posts for September 2020.
In this guide we set out some resources that we hope you will find helpful in supporting you through the process at a time when there is so much uncertainty.
We cover the following information which will be updated as required and in response to what is happening in terms of Covid-19:
- Guidance on selection processes via video and telephone
- Guidance for candidates on the same (you can email this to your candidates in advance of the interview)
- Guidance on safer recruitment and selection methods, including DBS currently
- Making an offer of employment
- Introducing temporary measures for probation
Please refer to our Employers Toolkit for further information on the use of probation clauses.