Charlotte Harpin and Matthew Alderton chaired a session on data and information governance issues which covered:
- Legal update and the steps your organisation needs to take to prepare for and implement the new legislative changes.
- What to do when the worst happens: dealing with ICO review, reprimands, data breaches and damages claims.
- Best practice and common pitfalls when dealing with Subject Access Requests (SARS).
- Top tips for dealing with WhatsApp, Social Media and Covert filming. What should you do if a patient or relative is commenting negatively on social media or sharing photos or comments about staff or other patients? What if a patient wants to film an operation, clinic appointment or even labour and delivery? What is the guidance for dealing with covert filming? And what key messages should you share with staff about WhatsApp, text messaging and their own social media use?
- Regulatory developments in relation to the use of AI and other new technologies within the NHS.