This year’s EdCon, our annual virtual conference for staff at schools and trusts, proved to be our biggest and best yet, with a record-breaking 1,500 registered delegates and even greater levels of engagement than during the pandemic.
Those who attended got to hear from our team of education law experts and discuss some of the most complex challenges affecting the education sector right now. Content was available in a variety of formats, from keynote presentations on the big issues, live Q&A sessions, and bitesize tips and advice available throughout.
Among the most popular sessions were:
- Absence management: long-term sickness
- MATs and due diligence
- Holiday pay
- Reducing the burden of subject access requests
We’re pleased you found so much of what was on offer useful and we’ve collated all of your feedback to make next year’s event even better.
Here are a few quotes from some of this year’s attendees:
- “Many thanks for all EdCon elements, I find them highly valuable. A great learning tool” – Louise Johnson, Deputy CEO, HEARTS Academy Trust
- “It was a really impressive and clear format that worked extremely well from a user perspective” – Sophie Venables, Head of Thinking Horizons
- “…it has been really good to be able to access recorded content, especially the short sessions of around 5 minutes that have been much easier to fit it” – Amy Wright, Clerking Development Manager, NGA.
We also gathered feedback via the conference survey on the content and the platform itself:
- “Topics presented were current and informative”
- “EdCon is a very useful means of CPD”
- “Highly beneficial – thank you for the effort and work involved”
- “Very professionally presented and easy to access”
- “A very good way of reviewing and gleaning information updates and I hope you repeat this”
EdCon content is exclusive to the event, so only available during the two weeks while it’s live, but we do provide a range expert support, guidance and training all year round.