Safeguarding Training for Governors and Trustees
This safeguarding course is designed specifically for governors and trustees. It steers away from operational safeguarding matters and instead focuses on strategic safeguarding and good safeguarding governance, meeting the requirements of The Governance Handbook 2022 and Keeping Children Safe 2022.
Led by Dai Durbridge and delivered via Zoom, the interactive and engaging session builds in plenty of time for delegates to work through case studies, have their questions answered and share their own learning and experiences.
Who should attend
This course is designed for governors and trustees. We provide separate Safer Recruitment training, Lead safeguarding trustees/governors training and a longer course for MAT Lead Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs).
We deliver this two-hour course via Zoom for individual schools and trusts:
- Individual schools and trusts - £1,350 plus VAT
Delivered remotely via Zoom, delegates will experience an interactive two-hour learning session that covers:
- Understanding the safeguarding basics
- Requirements of The Governance Handbook
- Leading safeguarding
- Supporting and challenging your DSL
- Resourcing safeguarding
- Evidencing safeguarding and reporting to the Board
As a result of proactively engaging in our training, delegates will:
- understand the safeguarding role of governors and trustees
- be able to drive a strong safeguarding culture in their setting
- gain tips to appropriately support and challenge their DSL
- know what good safeguarding evidence and analysis looks like