Training for Lead Safeguarding Governors and Trustees
This tailored safeguarding course is designed specifically for your Lead Safeguarding Governor/Trustee. Building on our course for all governors and trustees, in this course delegates focus on the role of the Lead Safeguarding Governor/Trustee and the relationship with the DSL.
Led by safeguarding expert Dai Durbridge and delivered via Zoom, the interactive and engaging session builds in plenty of time for delegates to work through case studies, have their questions answered and share their own learning and experiences.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Lead Safeguarding Governor/Trustees. We provide separate safeguarding training for trustees and governors and a longer course for MAT Lead Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs).
We deliver this three-hour course via Zoom as a delegate course only. The course is split into two 90 minute sessions and costs £150 plus VAT per delegate.
Delivered remotely via Zoom, delegates will experience two interactive 90 minute learning sessions that cover:
- The role of the Safeguarding Lead Governor/Trustee
- Working with your DSL
- Asking the right questions, seeing the right data
- Resourcing needs for safeguarding
- Reporting to the Board and influencing safeguarding development
As a result of proactively engaging in our training, delegates will:
- understand the role and responsibilities of the Safeguarding Lead Governor/Trustee
- understand the broader safeguarding role of governors and trustees
- know how to support and challenge their DSL
- take away tips and tools to ask the right questions of their DSL
- know how to work with their DSL to develop strong safeguarding analysis and reporting