UK and Ireland law firm Browne Jacobson has been ranked as a Top Tier law firm across 27 key practice areas for the first time in Legal 500 UK 2024, the independent directory of comparative law firm performance.
The latest edition also highlights that the firm has been recommended in 53 practice areas across other Tiers.
Browne Jacobson also continues to underpin its status as a leading law firm in the East Midlands region with 16 Tier 1 rankings.
Other highlights in this year’s rankings for the UK Top 50 law firm include:
- two new Tier 1 rankings in the West Midlands for Energy, Project Finance and PFI and Personal Injury: Defendant
- four first time rankings in London for Commercial Contracts, Media: Advertising & Marketing, Media: Digital, Content & Social and Projects, Energy and Natural Resources
- two first time rankings in the South-West for Professional Negligence and Personal Injury - Defendant
- ranked “Firm to Watch” in the North-West for Intellectual Property, in Wales for Public Sector and in the West Midlands for Personal Injury: Defendant
- 43 ‘Leading Individuals’ rankings, 16 ‘Next Generation Partners’ rankings, 13 lawyers rated as ‘Rising Stars’ and seven rankings in the Legal 500 Hall of Fame which recognises partners who are at the pinnacle of the profession.
Richard Medd, Managing Partner at Browne Jacobson commented: “We are incredibly proud of our rankings in this year’s Legal 500 which are our best yet.
“To have been ranked as Tier 1 in 27 practice areas, a jump from the previous year, and to see so many of our lawyers across a diverse range of specialisms achieve leading individual status and be recommended in the guide, in addition to receiving brand new rankings for the corporate and government sectors across various regions is testament to the fantastic talent in our business.
“These rankings reflect our solid reputation in the market as a firm that champions positive impact for business and for society and is known for delivering quality legal advice and innovative solutions on matters that mean most to our clients - making their lives easier."
These latest rankings follow on from a successful year for Browne Jacobson which has seen them post record financial results for 2022/23 with turnover rising 12% to a record £105m. The firm also demonstrated its commitment to the Welsh market by opening its seventh office in Cardiff and strategically re-located its Exeter and Dublin offices to modernised premises to accommodate further growth.
Legal 500 is one of the most respected and comprehensive guides to the UK legal sector and its rankings are based on a wide range of criteria, including providing the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. Browne Jacobson’s full results can be viewed on The Legal 500 website.